"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs on your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29





Friday, February 1, 2013

Be Thankful

I've been lacking joy recently. I'm living but not really living, if you get what I mean. Maybe it's this fast pace schedule I am currently leading or my endless to-do list or my constant worrying about the future...but I feel as if I am missing out on what's really important. The beauty of each day seems to get lost in all the details. I'm exhausted but not fulfilled. 

In my small group tonight, we talked about being a "sunshine-maker", which is basically a person filled with joy and good deeds. The study said, "The key to being a sunshine-maker is to be thankful in every circumstance." Ah-ha. There is the missing piece. Thankfulness

There is so much about my life right now that is uncertain and some days it is much easier to focus on all my unfulfilled longings than the things I already have. I'll admit that being thankful has not been high on my priority list. 

So, I am setting out on a little journey over the next 30 days. I have encouraged my small group to do this, and I want to take on the challenge for myself.  I am going to commit to finding one thing that I am thankful for each day. The reason for this is that I want to change my mindset and take notice of the daily gifts God has set before me. I want to stop missing out on God's goodness, because I am too busy racing my way through life. 

Follow with me on my journey of thanksgiving. 

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)


No comments:

Post a Comment