"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs on your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29





Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day Six

Today my coworker turned to me and said, "Wanna hear a God story?" Of course I was all ears.

Seven years ago my coworker's mother-in-law made each of her grandchildren a special piece of jewelry. She designed them all herself and had the pieces specially made from parts of her own antique jewelry. My coworker's daughter was young at the time when she received her gift from her grandmother: a beautiful pair of hand-made earrings. Without thinking, my coworker let her daughter wear the earrings one afternoon when she was playing outside and one of the earrings fell out and was never found again. My coworker explained that she always regretted letting her daughter wear the earrings and had prayed she would somehow find the missing one.

Fast forward seven years. Just last month, my coworker's mother-in-law passed away. It has obviously been a sad time for their family and reminded my coworker of that missing earring. She again prayed it would somehow turn up, even though she did not expect her prayer to really be answered. Well, to her disbelief, while doing a load of laundry this week, my coworker actually found the missing earring! It was attached to her dog's bed that needed to be washed! She has no idea how that happened, but she does know that God answered her prayer. She was so thankful.

Her story was a wonderful reminder that God cares about us intimately and personally. He sees our hearts desires and stoops down to take care of us. I am thankful to serve a God like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment